Friday, January 13, 2012

Carrye's Quilt

My friend Carrye has a quilt in the local Smithsonian Journey Stories exhibit at the Fort Thomas Mess Hall. Both the exhibit and the building are quite cool - more about those later, but today let's look at Carrye's quilt. She's made lots of wonderful things, but this is one of my favorites.


It's called Primary Carrye and is made from a drawing she made of herself when she was in first grade. And somehow, she still has that drawing. Imagine that, she still has it.


And it fits in so well with the "journeys" concept since it represents early days in her life journey. Most of the quilts were more traditional, and it was good to see an art quilt among them. Yay, Carrye!






1 comment:

karenbeasley@me.com said...

Sorry, I don't even know whose blog this is - I found it by Googling CQAFA. But I do know Carrye and love her "Primary Carrye" quilt. And had no idea that she is thaaaaat old!