Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ring Bearer Pillow

Latest work sample - a Martha Pullen ring bearer pillow. Satin and organza and ribbon and doves, oh my. Way out of my comfort zone. Someone once told me, forget about what you're sewing on, just think of it as cotton. Well, maybe.

Monday night was a workshop with my quilt guild for the big quilt we're making. The International Quilt Festival is coming to Cincinnati beginning this year, and we're making a Cincinnati Quilt for next year's festival. Members are working on different parts of the city. My partner and I have Eden Park. We're in the design phase now. The quilt needs to be completed by September 12.

I'm excited about a Kathy Loomis workshop the guild is sponsoring next month. One of the sessions is on a Sunday, which means that I can attend. I just got the supply list and I have everything except for the fabric. I love it when that happens.

With so many parts of the country buried in ice and snow, I'm feeling very lucky today.

No comments: