Saturday, February 19, 2011

Little Silver Car

Wednesday night, coming home from work, just starting up the big hill toward home, I heard a roaring under the truck and realized that something had come apart in the exhaust system. Darn. Yesterday morning found me at the CarX close to home. The mechanic asked me if I wanted to see what was going on and of course I did. The exhaust had broken between the catalytic converter and the front pipe.

The mechanic said he thought they could put a flange on it and I would get a year or two or three out of it for $50. Sold. I shudder at the cost of a replacement pipe and converter. Right next door is Enterprise and I got a little silver Colbolt for the day. At the end of the day, the opposite: stop at Enterprise, put the keys in the slot, back to CarX for a now quiet truck. All pretty easy. Thank you, Universe. Perhaps I needed to learn the lesson to not take things for granted.

Last night I started on the February challenge quilt. I know it was the 18th, don't anyone remind me of that. I needed some thinking time, not to mention I had other things to work on. I decided on a log cabin quilt made with scraps and some pieces of stash as well.

I wanted scrappy and that's what I'll have. The centers will all be red, made with the on-sale Valentine fabric that I loved, and the #7 strip will be the same fabric. The # 8 strip will be pieced. And, that's it. Easy enough that I can mindlessly do one every day. A 3 1/2" square in the center and 2" strips will make a big enough block that it will go quickly. I'm happy.

No comments: