Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Beige Basement

Somebody, some time, decided to paint my basement green. Really green. Really bad green. I have to wonder how long that really bad green has been there.

I have a picture in my mind of a nice beige basement. My goal is to paint a gallon every month and I project that by Christmas the basement will be all beige. Since it's a concrete basement I'm using the waterproofing paint, although I'm wondering at the wisdom of that since the painting with it is kind of like painting with glue. One gallon down.

I started with the wall at the bottom of the stairs because I wanted to move the freezer there so I can glance at the light when I come down the stairs and be reassured that all is well.

And now . . .I can move on to the next and lovely part, putting a set of shelves in the freezer's former location and rigging up my grow lights. I'd been postponing opening my seed order until the space was clear, kind of an incentive.

Tomatoes first, then petunias. Under the seed packets are brackets for a raised bed to go in my front yard since that's where the sun is. I'm so February hopeful, although I'm wondering whether there isn't a notice in the deer newsletter that there will be more goodies this year.

No comments: