Monday, February 28, 2011

Resist


February's project for my goal of trying something from Quilting Arts or Cloth Paper Scissors each month. This one is making a resist using instant mashed potatoes, from Quilting Arts. If you're thinking that I'm going for the easier (or less time consuming) projects you'd be correct, it seems. The idea, though, is to try new things.

Usually with fabric paints I'd heat set before washing, but that won't work here, so I'll have to let this rest for a week or two. I'll put it in the basement, out of sight, so I won't be tempted to wash it sooner. The darker blue is where there is paint on the fabric, the lighter where the paint can't penetrate.

Lots of wind last night, with thunder and lightning. March comes tomorrow. Hope to find time today to stop at a dollar store to buy plastic plates so I can start my seedlings.

No comments: