Sunday, February 27, 2011

Name Tag Workshop

I'd never gone to one of my quilt guild's workshops simply because they usually don't coincide with my days off. This one on Saturday morning did - we were making nametags to wear to meetings.
I really enjoyed the chance to just sit on a Saturday morning and totally focus on a project. The house was so pretty and light-filled and art-filled and everything was planned so nicely. Usually I'm the one doing the planning - I hope the people who come to workshops I'm teaching enjoy themselves as much as I did.

My nametag in progress, before the trimming and more stitching.

Afterwards I went to the new JoAnn's in Steph's side of town. It was the grand opening and was terribly crowded. I got what I went for and left. My usuals - Hancock and the Hyde Park JoAnn's - probably won't be losing any of my business. I find the whole Eastgate area so confusing, had to have Steph's computer navigating help to find the store. And it isn't because it's such a big area, it's just such a small confusing area.

After that adventure, I went to pick up Aaron, who was waiting for a ride in the truck, a trip to Barnes and Noble, and a sleepover at my house.






No comments: