Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Butterflies

The first thing we need to talk about is that I didn't piece the background of this quilt. I bought the fabric with the batik squares already put together.

The appliqued butterflies are from Anita Goodesign Antique Butterflies and they're huge. They come in three sizes and the largest one at the bottom is probably 8".


If you look closely you'll find some brown outline quilting that is also in the collection. Embroidered quilting is big right now - just put the quilt in the hoop, no stabilizer, and embroider. There are even special quilting hoops with more room for quilts. There is cluster of quilting at the bottom of the quilt.

I just peeked at the 10-day forecast to see if there are any 50's temperatures coming - there aren't. One of the things I've enjoyed about living in this area is that some time during January or February there is a break with 50's temperatures. That hasn't happened this year and I've missed it.

No comments: