Monday, February 23, 2009

lesson two

Lesson two of six in my joggles class was felt applique. I can't believe how much felt I bought - the acrylic felt at Hancock, then several colors at JoAnn's when I went with a friend. And then I used only three of the wool colors. There is just no comparison between the wool colors and the acrylic colors, even when the wool isn't 100% wool.



The shiny leaves are inked with a fluorescent ink that I got in Asheville. The light green in the background is an omnimotion sewing stitch.

Here's a closer look at that. I started out with the background stitching just because I couldn't figure out any other way to get started. The purple stem and leaves that look like ink is free motion stitching.

Now on to lesson three. For at least three days, I'll be caught up with the rest of the class. Lesson four starts Thursday.

No comments: