Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday Fill-In # 77

Today's postcard

Time for Friday Fill-Ins. Answers are in bold.
1. A smile is an easy gift, a greeting - a genuine smile is a sign of the soul's happiness.

2. I don't have a favorite board or card game. Truth is, I don't like them. I'd rather be reading, I'd rather be quilting, I'd rather be outside working or hiking. If I play any board or card games, it's for the companionship, not the game. When I was young, though, I did love to play Monopoly with my cousin Gregg. The fun of choosing a token, all that money, buying properties - it was all good.

3. I would love to have more disposable income in my life and less stress. I have a feeling that puts me in the same category as lots of people. But I am almost always content.

4. When I think of the Summer Solstice, I think of long days, bright colors, a little mysticism. I love all the solstices, but summer is my favorite. On the down side, I realize that now the days will start getting shorter again and I love the long days.

5. I just remembered I need to be filling the bird feeder. I think my house is on the bird newsletter as a good place to fill up.

6. One of my favorite song lyrics goes like this: I look around and I am told, it's Sunday morning in my soul. I love the thought of Sunday morning in my soul, peacefulness, restfulness, spirituality.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to birthday dinner at Steph's, tomorrow my plans include working, then going to the Newport on the Levee to eat nachos and look at the river and go to Barnes and Noble, and Sunday I want to catch up on my dyeing lessons, which include using potato dextrin. Actually, I have to work Sunday, too, but hopefully just a few hours. I'd love to start something new, too. We'll see.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Thanks for the reminder, I need to fill my bird feeders too!

Thanks for playing, have fun this weekend :-)