Monday, March 31, 2008

Opening Day

Today's postcard


Today was Opening Day for the Cincinnati Reds. I watched part of the parade on tv - I hadn't realized it was such a big deal. Next year I'll go.

I thought about going downtown to Fountain Square to watch part of the game there - all the seats at the ball park were sold out and they were showing the game on the big screen above Macy's. It kept raining, though, sometimes pouring, on and off, and I couldn't decide whether to go.

Then I heard the jets fly overhead and decided things must be on. I caught the shuttle downtown. The crowd there was pretty small, probably because of the rain, but there was the game, on the big screen.

I walked to the ball park and saw that somebody really came in style. Is that classy or what, a long red limo to see the Reds.


Toyota is one of the sponsors this year, and that's a red Toyota Tundra on the platform.

At Steph and Mike's tonight, it was hard to imagine a happier spring face.

At home, my plaid is finished - now for some stripes.








No comments: