Thursday, March 13, 2008

New Park

Today's postcard

Several years ago I took Linda Schmidt's Quilt University class, Filament Fantasy, which focused on threads. It was one of my favorite classes ever, but I've forgotten much of what I learned and wanted a refresher. I didn't want to make another quilt, though, so starting yesterday my postcards for the next few days will be class projects.

Yesterday I was coming back from an appointment in Fort Thomas when I saw a sign on a side street for Highland Hills Park. One of my New Years goals is to find green spaces where I live, so I went back today. After driving by the street several times, I located the small sign again.

At first it seemed like there were lots of rules for dogs.



but then I realized that this must be a park that was friendly to dogs. My first clue was this drinking fountain.

This area was fenced in and the gate was chained shut. What caught me eye was the bench with what looked like large apples on a plate. Turns out they're tennis balls. I'll bet that in warm weather the gate is opened and the larger dogs have a big area with a tall fence for playing and running around.

Then there was this memorial under a tree that honors someone in The Canine Corps. There must be a story here, but I couldn't locate the name in a google search.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the dog drinking fountain!