Sunday, March 2, 2008

Future Quilter

Today's postcard

After the crafts and story hour at the Cincinnati Art Museum yesterday, Steph and I took Nora to the quilt exhibit. It's a large exhibit, so we limited our visit to the art quilts and to the interactive area. Nora enjoyed a crazy quilt with many animals - just like with other quilters, it was hard to not touch.

There were no photos of the quilts allowed, but we could take pictures in the corner with the interactive quilt designs. One of my earliest memories is playing with a wooden quilt block puzzle, and of course I'm hoping that Nora will remember something similar. For Easter, I plan to give her a package of quilt squares and let her design her own doll quilt. Then I'll take it home and sew it together.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you and Nora. That is a great idea for her Easter present. She'll love it.
Sarah

momma helen said...

Wow! How long does the museum have the quilt exhibit? We're 3 hours away, but it looks like it might be worth the drive!