Friday, March 7, 2008

Cleaning

Today's postcard

Dina Buckey had an article called Discharge Discovery in in the August/September 2007 issue in Quilting Arts Magazine. One of the methods she discussed used waxed paper and Soft Scrub, and that's what I used for the postcard. The fabric started out as solid red with white flowers and little white squiggles.

I've been doing some studio chean-up. I ran into this picture of my studio taken in September, and take my word for it, it looked nothing like this early in the week.


Back in December, I read an artcle by Kathryn Hall. She was referring to cleaning for the holidays, but it's good for any time. "It seems it is inescapable that the basic canvas . . .begins with the most fundamental act of deep clearing and cleaning. There is simply no way around it. The sheer act of creating a clean canvas is the foundation of all creativity. Order and cleanliness have a vibe that lifts the environment to a state of grace and readiness."

Can you believe how pretty the threads look when they're in a semblance of order?


I moved up my bookcase stereo so I can listen to NPR while I'm quilting. Somehow in the furniture moving for vacuuming, I decided to reposition my sewing machine so I have a little outside view instead of seeing the house next door.

I know I'm going to like this.







1 comment:

Jane said...

Hi Connie, Your rearranged room looks great. I'm sure you'll enjoy it... PS Can I come over and sew LOL???? Jnae