Monday, November 26, 2007

'Tis the Season

Here's Nora, putting ornaments on the tree. Serious business, indeed, when you're not quite three.

Sarah left yesterday, and I spent the day doing post-Thanksgiving cleanup and getting back to my quilting. I didn't get my quilt finished and hung before Thanksgiving and now that my self-imposed deadline is off, my new goal is to do just a little free motion quilting on it every day. Really, there's not that much more, just the border.

In the meantime, I've started something new and small, meant to be finished quickly, but already I'm looking at the finished piecing and planning quilting and embellishment that's more complicated than I'd envisioned. I think I have to admit that the fussiness is part of my style and just appreciate it.

Now for some fun stuff - when Sarah was here, she wanted to go scooter shopping and determined that the desired scooter was at a store called The Coolest Toys on Earth in Milford, Ohio, not too far from Steph's. We pulled up to find some cool stuff on the sidewalk, including this go cart.

Inside the door was this thing-a-ma-jig, I really don't know what it's called. A little ball rolled on the lighted tracks.

These Fridigears were less complicated but still looked like fun.

There was a locked case of antique stuff, and a huge assortment of boomarangs, yoyos, bubble pipes, sunprint paper, kites, kazoos, dolls, lighted frisbees, Lincoln logs, blocks and things you remember having as a kid, no matter how old or young you are. This is a small store with a big inventory.

Sarah really wanted the scooter in green but settled for bright pink. This model gets its power from pushing with a foot - it isn't the model with a motor that Sarah had several years ago. And, no, there isn't a light, just a reflection from the camera flash.

It really was a great store with truly cool things. I don't know if their toys are the coolest on earth, but this is a fun place.





No comments: