Friday, November 9, 2007

Krohn Conversatory

I stopped in at Krohn Conservatory in Cincinnati today. There were no special shows - probably the Christmas one will be next. I've always wanted to see that, and I'm sure I'll make it this year.

I've decided that I haven't done a good job of getting out and finding things, and the conservatory was on my list. I found it easily enough, but as usual, finding my way out of Eden Park wasn't so easy.
Eventually I realized I was getting toward Xavier, and then I saw a sign for I-71.

Below are their outdoor flowers in November.

When I got home I worked on doing a rough and quick finish to a quilt I started years ago and found in a closet yesterday. I took out the few quilting stitches, replaced the batting, machine quilted it, and zig zagged around the edges. If I remember right, I called it 6 a.m. Sky. It's 28" x 24".







1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow. that quilt is amazing. it looks almost translucent. i had to look at the closeup to see how you made it look like that.
--irene