Saturday, November 3, 2007

Quilter's Square

I figured there just had to be another quilt shop around that I was just missing. Finally I did a search for Bernina sewing machines, and there it was - Quilter's Square, about 20 minutes from my house. I'd been to the Quilter's Square in Lexington, and while this shop is smaller, it has the same kinds of cool stuff and the clerk was very helpful and friendly.
There's a good book and pattern selection, nothing old or worn looking. And they had the new copy of Quilting Arts Gifts that I've been looking for.

There were all these great shades of Isacord thread - and - they had Yenmet in blue metallic.


Lots of fabrics tucked everywhere - I got a yard of bright, bright orange -

and those little snips we love.

They have a nice newsletter and some of the classes look really tempting. I got to try the Bernina machine with the stitch regulator for free motion stitiching and it was amazing - the stitches were all the same size and ever so neat. Sigh. It's on my want list.
And thinking of that, I have maybe ten more border inches of free motion stitching to go on Aaron's quilt and the quilting will be finished.





No comments: