Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Let It Snow

Well, not really "Let It Snow" because it's 66 degrees outside and people are getting ready to travel, but that's the title of the holiday show at Krohn Conservatory in Cincinnati.

My daughter Sarah had asked me to register her for the Thanksgiving Day race at a store called The Running Spot. That was an adventure in itself - who knew (not me) - that at 11:30 a.m. on a Tuesday the place would be bustling, there would be policemen directing traffic, and that there would be a steady stream of people going out the door with bags containing t shirts and racing chips. Someone pulled out right when I was in front of the store, so I got the primo parking space beside the door, and there was a happy someone in the stream of cars cruising by feeling lucky to pull in when I came out.

Krohn Conservatory is only a couple of miles from the running store, so I stopped in to see the holiday display. There were many parking spots there and only a few visitors, leading me to believe that the Tuesday before Thanksgiving must be one of the best days to go.


The village and train tracks rotate, so I considered myself lucky to get one shot that wasn't totally blurry.
I took lots of pictures and will save some for another day.

I thought about my gardening friend Jess and my gardening sister Cindy, knowing they'd really enjoy this.

And for the first time EVER I didn't get lost on the way out of Eden Park.







1 comment:

JessWildfire said...

Thanks for thinking of me! I wish I could have been there to see all that beautimous foliage myself--wow!