Monday, November 5, 2007

Planting, Finally

I finally planted my pansies and kale, on what may have been the last warm day. There was rain (with thunder) right after, so the timing was good. I don't know why I waited so long, other than the dryness, which is reason enough, but it may have had more to do with a reluctance to begin the yard work at my new house. Much as I enjoy it, I know that once it starts, there's no stopping. I have bags of top soil in the back yard so I can make a raised bed early in the spring.

I felt like I needed a fast quilting project so tonight I started this contrast quilt for Aaron's crib at school. It may be a little long for the crib, but part of it can tuck behind the mattress if that's the case. I'll zig zag around the shapes and quilt at the same time so it should go fast. At last that's the idea - I've already added more squiggles and circles than I'd originally envisioned.


Sarah started working at the North Carolina Arboretum in the spring and just now picked up her UNC Asheville ID that gets her into the wellness center, and probably other places as well. If you're ever in Asheville, stop by the arboretum and ask her a tourist question.





No comments: