Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Neither


Rempke's just got a new shipment of large sturdy reusable bags that sell for only 99 cents each. Now the cashiers won't have to ask me "paper or plastic" because it will be neither. I could never figure out which was more environmentally friendly anyway.

A challenge to my friends: when you're at the bookstore or picking up just an item or two at the quilt shop, just say "I don't need a bag" unless of course you really do need one, which you almost always don't.

And on a new subject -

there's a blog that I always enjoy and which has earned a bookmark:

http://www.soulemama.typepad.com/

The photos are gorgeous and references to children happy and creative. I especially enjoyed November 12's entry because I had those sheets. Steph and Sarah, I know you'll remember them. I loved those sheets - I got them at Penny's in Fremont, Ohio - the store was down by the river. I haven't thought about them in years, but all of a sudden I wish I had them back to make those pajama bottoms. And to think that sheets I used to sleep on are now labeled as vintage. Oh, my.

And any nursing moms will smile if not laugh out loud at the November 8 entry.

No comments: