Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Leaves, leaves

All of a sudden, over a couple of days, my back yard is covered with leaves. My preferred method of dealing with leave is using a mulching mower every few days, but the roofer's dumpster has been, and still is, in my driveway and the mower is hostage. It's way past mulching now. Luckily, there is a real hardware nearby that hadn't replaced the leaf rakes with Christmas trees. In a few days, the raking will begin.

Today, though, it's raining, so there can be no raking. Not that there would be anyway, because this is a day for cooking. I have on my hypothetical apron and am loving making Thanksgiving foods. Thanksgiving foods say comfort foods for me, and my favorite way to cook for Thanksgiving is to make things a few at a time so that when Thanksgiving comes all that remains is turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, and gravy. Most of the mess and dishes are done and I can enjoy the day.
My favorites for today - macaroni and cheese

And the beginnings of oatmeal bread


and jam cake.


and, of course, pumpkin pie.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.



No comments: