Monday, January 29, 2024

Off the Tree


Yes, I'm that person.  I love the Hallmark ornaments on my tree, and I enjoy the process of putting them back in their boxes at the end of the season.

Some are special and most were selected at after Christmas sales.  I have one my mother gave me, and she has been gone for many years.  Some "dad" ornaments purchased when my husband was still living. One given by a dear friend for my help during her baby daughter's hospitalization - that little daughter is now grown with children of her own.  Some have been gifts.

I take them off the tree one at a time and find the matching boxes.  Of course there are always a few boxes without ornaments (still somewhere on the tree) and a few ornaments without boxes that have been lost over the years.

The tree will stay up at least another week - I love the cheerful light during gray January days. 




1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Like me with my Hummel things- I like the memories attached to them.