Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Turgua

 

Turgua.  A new-to-me brewery in Fairview, North Carolina.  It was just warm enough Sunday afternoon to sit outside.  Lots of beers on tap, with cans of some to bring home.  What's left above is a Bluebird-Blueberry Saison.

(OK, I had to look that up.  Saison beer is a pale ale that is highly carbonated, fruity, spicy.  No wonder I liked it.)  It used to be brewed with low alcohol levels but modern versions have moderate to higher levels.

Out front was a food truck with tamales, rice and beans, and a few other related foods.  Really, really good.  In back are seating areas near a pretty creek.  The building started out as a tractor sales and repair shop, but you'd never guess.

It was a good drive back home yesterday.  The bridge construction area on I-40 near the Tennessee line barely slowed traffic down this time.  The sun shone, the road was dry, perfect.  

Today I'll start back with my little life, but yesterday evening I just enjoyed being home, which isn't to say that I didn't also love the holiday away.  My nice neighbor brought over a couple of packages from Black Friday shopping along with the mail. which wasn't impressive.

No comments: