Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Pretty Vegetarian Meal

Vegetarian meal per Winnie.  I can't even tell you all the foods that were in this dish, but it was delicious.  I do know there was squash, cauliflower, and onions.  And Winnie's presentation is always something to look forward to.

Yesterday was a lovely day for travel, white clouds with streaks of blue.  There were some construction delays, which gave me a chance to enjoy the day.

I was thinking of what Nora told me this week, that one of her best traveling memories was when we were on Jellico Mountain in Tennessee and everything came to a standstill.  People got out of their cars and wandered around looking at the scenery, found snacks in their coolers.  One boy got out his skateboard and skated around the parked cars.

Traffic was moving yesterday, just very slowly, and there was time to admire the bare branches against that pretty sky.

And thinking of bare branches, yesterday was the day when my neighbor's tree rained all its leaves.  It's like someone flips a switch and all the leaves come down in one day.  

 

No comments: