Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Lots of Dots

 

On Sundays my quilt shop posts pictures of fabrics that have between 1 and 3 yards left on the bolts, exactly how much isn't posted.  These are priced at 20% off whatever is left.  (If you haven't looked at how much nice fabric costs these days, be prepared for a surprise.)

This Sunday I got these dotted fabrics.  It may look like random shopping, but those of us who quilt - a lot - know what colors and patterns we use.  Even if they don't find a home in a quilt top the sizes are super nice for baby quilt backings.

Or, in this case, for Christmas quilts.  The name of the collection is called Merry and Bright.  Once again, those of us who quilt a lot know these thingsAnd I have a coordinating fabric with a pretty green background.

A small stack of quilts and pillow cases will be picked up today for children's Christmas boxes in Tennessee.  One of our baby quilt members, now sadly deceased, has a daughter who is a social worker there and coordinates a huge Christmas project.  It's nice to remember Ginny this way, this year.

2 comments:

Joanne S said...

As you know so well, I am addicted to dots. so was happy to see you have some lovely ones for your quilts.
I have shelves full as I never met a dotted fabric I didn't want to own.....laughing.
the PROBLEM I have- is using them......sorry to say I hoard them. Or DID, Now I try and use them.

Angie said...

Oooh would love some of those dots...perfect Christmas fabrics. And I'm a lot like Joanne, I like to hoard fabrics. :D So glad to hear you had a lovely, safe drive.