Sunday, November 21, 2021

Christmas Cookie Ale

 


I love seasonal flavors, and that includes holiday beers.  This one, brewed in Cincinnati, is called Santa's Bribe.  The label says it's a Christmas cookie ale, but I don't know about all that.  It's supposed to have cinnamon, ginger and vanilla.  I don't really detect those flavors, but it's a nice smooth beer and that's good enough for me.

The brewery is named for President Taft, from Cincinnati, our 27th president.  On the label he is in a bathtub because local legend tells that he was a hefty guy and he once got stuck in his bathtub and required assistance to get unstuck.

Yesterday I made Thanksgiving applesauce, lots of applesauce.  For my family here, and I'll take some to North Carolina.  Drop some off for a friend who will be eating aloneLucky for me, the Granny Smith apples were on sale, and they were huge.  

Tears - happy ones.  I just learned that Nora was selected for Hamilton and Clermont County Honor Band, playing bassoon.  That kiddo, like others, has had a rough junior year and it's nice to have good news.

No comments: