Saturday, November 27, 2021

A Jar of Something

 


At the Artisan Center in Berea, I like to stop for a jar of . . . something . . . from Spring Valley farms.  That something, this time, turned out to be pecan pumpkin butter.  Because it's the season.

Spring Valley Farms are located in southern Kentucky and in Tennessee.  They are owned by a Habegger family.

Habegger is my maiden name and isn't much heard of outside of Swiss Mennonite communities.  I don't know the folks who own these farms, of course, but I always like to buy a jar or their sauces, jams, or relishes because I feel sort of connected.  And their things are delicious.

I've never seen a picture of the farms or the people.  They sell in stores, not from a website.  I know no family history.  Still . . .there can't be that many of us.


No comments: