Thursday, February 21, 2013

Milena's Quilt


I showed the pieced-only version of Milena's baby quilt at Modern Quilt Guild last week and got this picture from one of the members (thanks, Andrea!)  The pale pink squares are linen and I ended up stippling them, which was a good call.  The quilt pattern is from the book Modern Designs for Classic Quilts.


Since then it's been quilted and bound and sent away.  The picture above is the pieced backing.  There are two things I'm especially loving these days:  pieced backings and pieced bindings.

I messed up on two of the blocks on the Revised Trip Around the World that I'm making and I couldn't even be too dismayed about that because I can put those blocks on the back.  Except for you, no one will notice that they're not the same sequence as the ones on the front.

No comments: