Saturday, February 16, 2013

Fabric Shopping, Revised


Turns out that the baby quilt group is going to work on the Revised Trip Around the World pattern that I talked about here.  Because I really didn't have enough of six fabrics that would work nicely together for this, and the group will be sewing on Monday, I made a trip to the fabric store. 

I actually got a shopping cart on my way in.  I usually try to avoid the cart because I figure it's trouble since I end up with more fabric than I come in for.  I carefully picked out six baby-colored fabrics, pastels, that looked pretty good together and put them in the cart.  But three fish fabrics, with lots of fish eyes, were so appealing.

Not a surprise to people who sew with me, back went those pastels and I ended up with my usual brights.  My hope is that the resulting quilt will be a little quirky with all those fish eyes.  Not so much as to be distressing to a young child, of course, just plenty of movement.

Each block is 12" square, so I'm thinking that nine blocks with borders top and bottom should do it.

No comments: