Sunday, February 10, 2013

Entire Quilt


I showed a snippet of this quilt earlier, but since it's at its new home, here is the entire quilt.  It looks like I'll be doing this one again, for a girl next time, since someone really liked it and wanted one for his granddaughter.  I need to ask what colors he wants.

I just drove through the car wash even though, or maybe especially because, it was sprinkling.  I don't have any patience for drying the car afterward with a towel, driving away in the rain suits me.  At any rate, the mega doses of road salt are gone now. 

I've been looking at the pictures of the snow on the east coast and being glad I don't live there.  I remember well the first winter I lived in Detroit - we arrived at the end of January and it had snowed evey weekend since Thanksgiving.  There was snow piled up everywhere, and soon there was more.  The side street were like little tunnels.  With no hope of spring.  So not my style.

I can tell that I'm taking winter too seriously, staying in too often.  I need to get out and go to the movies or the conservatory or the mall or to Findlay Market or to IKEA.  IKEA is the choice that makes me smile.   

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Oh, my goodness. to have the choices on a winter day. My choices are the library, bank and grocery store. The nearest IKEA is a 5 or 6 hour drive at over 60 mph. And that is one way. On dry streets. Not a great idea to drive into the Boston area for the next month or two.

The last time I "wasted" my time making a baby quilt I was told the new parents were going to use it "in the car" as it didn't go with the baby's colors. Not every new set of parents is like this, I know, but none of these babies were related to me by blood. In fact, no blood relatives have had any babies since I started quilting. I did my part in giving the Linus Project about 2K worth of excellent yardage for their making of quilts. It makes me happy to see your quilts well received and loved.