Monday, February 15, 2010

Quilting Along With Melody Blocks


I think this is the fifteenth and final day for Quilting Along With Melody. I did in fact make fifteen blocks, actually nineteen so it would come out right. And somewhere along the way I had to move from the design wall to the floor to get enough room.
I decided to put the blocks on point just because that's something I've never done. Some day soon I'll find a lively fabric for the edge triangles and piece everything together. The plan is still to put it behind my desk, long way, for some color and a bulletin board.
This has been fun, really fun, and part of the fun was doing a more traditional style of quilting for a change, at least as much as these colors could be called traditional. It's been fun to see it take shape and now it's fun to see that there is something that wasn't there before. Part of the deal, which I don't think I mentioned, was that we weren't supposed to buy anything. Hmmm, guess I'll have to see if I have a piece large enough and lively enough for those edge triangles.
For now, off to shovel for the third time today. The first time was the hardest, the last was the easiest. I just know I can't wait 'til the end when it's really heavy.

1 comment:

GerryART said...

Connie, love your colors.
Talk about Spring.
I visiting every one's blog that are QAWM*
I've got to get off the computer and get busy.

Hugs,
Gerry