Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Look Up

I need to remember, when I open the front door these February mornings, to look up at the icicles and be prepared to stand back as the door hits them instead of looking down to see how much new snow the door is sweeping back. I woke this morning to the sound of my neighbor's blower and knew that there would be a little shoveling again this morning. Maybe just half an inch.

I added the trees to the quilt last night. I started out with many more than this, realized I had far too many, and took some out. There's a trip to the art store sometime soon to get some light brown ink to tone them down a little, but painting on the ink is easy.


I'm going to put on the batting and backing before stitching down the trees and river rocks. This will add a little more dimension and I want the quilting to be mostly finished once all the toppings are on. I love this stage, when each addition makes a big difference in the way the quilt looks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's coming alive! It'a amazing!!!
Janice