Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lighting a Candle

On Sunday night, one of my friends mentioned lighting a candle and meditating before she starts her sewing. I had never thought of that, it just hadn't occurred to me.

I know that creative quilting is different in feel than utilitarian sewing, for example making the pillow I showed a couple of days ago. I know that when I make a church banner I'm in a different groove than when I make, for example, a block like I showed yesterday.

I think of creating as spiritual but hadn't thought to introduce deliberate spiritual invitation before beginning my work. I like the idea, like it a lot. Just a few words from someone else changed my pattern of work. And the pattern of my utilitarian sewing and plain block quilting.

Good thing I have lots of candles.

No comments: