Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday Fill-In # 162

Friday Fill-Ins. Answers are in bold.

1. I know that I planned and planned and looked forward to going to Mennonite Arts Weekend tonight, and it isn't snowing as much as predicted, but I'm going to skip tonight's session and see how it looks in the morning. I feel like such a chicken - my cousin's on his way from Northern Ohio, through the snow.

2. I don't know which is the longest month. I'm pretty sure it isn't February. I'd give February points for being the dreariest month, though.

3. You can't help but be happy when Super Bowl Sunday's coming up. A good game, a good food day, a good winter break, if only for a couple of hours.

4. Ordering from the seed catalogs: bring it on! Think I'll be doing some looking this weekend and some ordering early next week. One nice thing: I've been growing some good heirlooms that reseed and since they aren't hybrids they're pretty reliable. A little yellow one and a big purple one.

5. Where have you looked for a good cell phone? I'm ready to upgrade but the list of phones is so confusing. I love the little Sony camera phone but it doesn't get good reviews for battery time, which is one of my criteria.

6. I wonder what special Graeter's flavor is now available. Graeter's has wonderful ice cream - did you know that they pour chocolate syrup into vanilla ice cream for their chocolate chip flavors? That's why the chocolate is so irregularly shaped. Sometimes you find a huge delicious piece.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm going to spend an unexpected night at home working on Helen's quilt, tomorrow my plans include making it to the Arts Weekend, and Sunday I want to watch the Super Bowl, maybe babysitting Nora 'n Aaron.

Happy Friday, everyone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Graeter's sounds wonderful. I hope you made it to the Art Weekend and got a to babysit too.