Thursday, April 9, 2009

Friday Fill-In # 119

This week, Janet from Friday Fill-Ins is dedicating question # 1 to Anonymous, who left a nasty comment about last week's questions.

1. Anonymous . . . don't be hiding, leave some identification. It's the civil thing to do if you're dissing someone. Give them a chance to respond. (By the way, Janet, I really like your questions and appreciate the thought you put into them.)

2. Joy is a choice. I highy recomment that you choose it. Life is better that way.

3. Let me embrace thee, sour adversity, or maybe I could just have sour balls instead. Oh, yeah, a much better idea. Lemon ones. With fizz.

4. Easter is what I look forward to most about Spring. And it's here, or almost. Of course, there's also Opening Day, onions poking out of the ground, the free feeling of stepping out the door with just a fleece, watching the grand babes rediscover warm weather.

5. Who needs therapy when it's gardening season? My uncle had a wonderful piece of art in his home which read, "When the world wearies and ceases to satisty, there is always the garden."

6. A hollow chocolate rabbit with ears for biting off first MUST go into the Easter basket. Did anyone ever eat the feet first?

And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching the Cincinnati Reds (please, please don't rain,) tomorrow my plans include an Easter egg hunt with the kids and finishing the new church banner, and Sunday I want to relax and celebrate and hang that banner and have dinner with the Lockhart's.

Happy Friday, everyone.

9 comments:

Bellezza said...

Ah, you're one of those bite the ears off first, are you? So is my beloved mother! I like the solid rabbits, and if I tried that now I'm afraid my teeth would break along with the ears. ;)

What first struck me in your fill ins was the comment "Joy is a choice." That is so, so wise. It never ceases to amaze me how many people choose something else (blame, hopelessness, fear). Of course, maybe they can't help it, but whenever possible it's best to chose joy as you said.

Janet said...

Thanks, Connie...and you're right...joy IS a choice, one that I try to make as often as I can :-) Happy Easter!

sara said...

I'm an ear biter too!!!

And you're right...joy is a choice, the best choice!

Have fun at the game!

Autumn said...

I love #2. Thanks for such a good thought to ponder. :)
Happy weekend!

Marites said...

Agree with your #1. It's a cowardly act if you're dissing someone. #2 is a wise thing to do but surprisingly, a lot seems to choose otherwise. #5 is what my mother would love to have time for and to have space for. Living in the city with little space, gardening is a luxury for us. Happy Easter!! :) Btw, I haven't had easter egg or easter rabbit before so i'm kinda imagining what should I eat first if i get an easter rabbit. I'd probably eat the ears first:D

lupusurvivor said...

love your number two. and i always choose joy.

thanks for visiting my FF

Anonymous said...

I tried gardening 2 years in a row and failed miserably.

Sour balls? lol

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I did your "Girlfriend's survey".

Happy Good Friday.

Diana_CT said...

When you start to eat a Chocolate Easter bunny you have to start with the ears. I think that is some kind of unwritten law.

Anonymous said...

I posted a picture of one of the quilts