Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Time to Abandon the List

I was grateful to wake up this morning and find the temperature the promised 47 degrees, complete with rain that wasn't freezing and wasn't in the form of snow.

I'd heard Steph's stories of long commutes in bad weather, but last night was my first real experience. The freezing rain started around noon, and continued throughout the afternoon. I got home three hours after I started, with visions of red tail lights in the dark in my head.

Today we should get off work around 4, and hopefully Sarah will be home when I get here. The weatherman is calling for rain and winds today. If it were snow, there would be lots.

It's time to abandon the list of things yet undone and enjoy the holiday. The picture above shows two of the five ornaments that got on my tree. The colored lights are festive, and, as my grandmother used to say, "Things can't always be the same."

No comments: