Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snowflakes

machine embroidered snowflakes, with serger thread on heavy water-soluble stabilizer

I really enjoyed making these snowflakes. No color changes and the thread behaved well, although I am a little concerned that the serger thread is making a lint-y mess inside the machine. I didn't completely rinse out the stabilizer, and the snowflakes dried nice and firm.

I also embroidered a throw and some napkins with Japanese snowflakes. No pictures until after Christmas, though. I'd really thought I wouldn't get to make many gifts this year, but with my new machine, more things are possible.

I'm back to taking some of my pictures, like the snowflakes, with my digital Minolta. I am disappointed with my latest little Sony. My pictures are coming out a lot more blurry than with the previous little Sony, and the speed just doesn't seem to be there. Also, the battery doesn't hold a charge like the old one. I really loved the previous little camera, but it just refused to turn on. At this rate, my next camera won't be a Sony.

It was drizzling when I came back across the bridge tonight, but I just looked up the weather and it looks like it won't get cold enough to turn to snow. 50 for a high tomorrow, with rain. Could be so much worse.

No comments: