Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Take It Further Challenge for November

The theme for the November Take It Further Challenge is typography.

I've always loved words on fabric, probably because I love to read. Occasionally I would purchase fabric with words on it, but I was never really satisfied. I thought about stamping, applique, painting.

Recently, though, I got a new software program, Husqvarna Viking's 4K Professional, to use with my sewing/embroidery machine. I didn't get it for the lettering, but, there it is. Unlimited words, whatever I want, in many fonts.


The words on this little quilt are happy ones and the fabric echoes that. I actually dyed the fabric for last month's challenge but then used something else. The quilt measures 10" x 14 1/2" and will live its next life as a Christmas present.

No comments: