Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday Fill-In # 102

Redwork embroidery for a little quilt.

Friday Fill-Ins. Answers are in bold.

1. Friends are our windows on the world.
2. Do your best for your health; it's important. Next month I'm joining the Y. I promise.

3. I'm ready for starting some heritage tomato seedlings and I've got the seeds for putting out a lettuce mix as soon as it starts to warm up. And yes, I know that winter hasn't even started yet.

4. Bath and Body Works Christmas scents is one of my favorite perfumes or aftershaves or smells. Especially Vanilla Bean Noel, but really, I like them all.

5. The oldest ornament I have is hmmm, not sure. The tree has been up since right after Thanksgiving and the lights are lit, but the box of ornaments is still sitting beside it. But wait, I'm remembering a little glass Santa that used to be a bulb for a series string of lights. It burned out and has a little dark spot on the face but my mother rescued it and tied a ribbon around it. It's probably from the 30's or 40's.

6. Take some sugar, corn syrup, and water, mix it all together and you have the beginning of hard candy. When it reaches the hard crack stage, mix in a little bottle of flavoring and pour it out to cool. When you add the flavoring, the smell is incredible.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to finding my address book (I'm going to do it today. This is a bad time of year to be without an address book,) tomorrow my plans include going to a 90th birthday party and also getting the Advent things ready for Sunday, and Sunday I want to enjoy Nora's birthday party.

Happy Friday, everyone.

2 comments:

Janet said...

I wonder...if when the candy reaches the hard crack stage, you could toss in some rosemary? Imagine the smell! OOH!

Thanks for playing, have fun this weekend :-)

Daisy @ Our Growing Family said...

i tried using the vanilla bean noel lotion one day. aiden let me know he did not especially like that - esp when he went to eat. he's ok with me using the body wash, though - and the lotion just for my hands. :)

i sent you an email at your berea address (can't find the other one!!), but i'm not sure how often you check that one - can you email me your mailing address? thanks!