Sunday, November 30, 2008

Baltimore Ravens 34 Cincinnati Bengals 3

Thanks to Steph for a Bengals ticket and the loan of a Bengals sweatshirt. After Sarah left for North Carolina, I headed down to the river and caught a bus to Paul Brown stadium. It was a rainy morning and early afternoon, but by the time I was at the bus stop the rain had stopped.

I had never been to a pro football game and enjoyed the 50-yard-line seat tremendously, despite the fact that the Bengals probably played their worst game of the year, and that's saying something.

I hoped to see the Bengals score a touchdown, but it was not to be on this day. I got there in the middle of the second quarter, and I hadn't missed anything.

By the end of the third quarter the seats had cleared out. I gave it up in the middle of the fourth and so did lots of others - the bus back to Newport quickly filled up. There were four other busses waiting for people who stuck it out.

Thanks, Steph. What an unexpected treat.




1 comment:

Jane said...

I didn't realize you had an outdoor stadium. Boo- hoo for the score but so glad you had fun!!!