Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday Fill-In # 97

candlewicking for a quilt, 30-weight thread

Friday Fill-Ins. Love 'em, and love that it's Friday. Answers are in bold.

1. My blueprint for success includes setting goals and checking in from time to time to see how I'm doing. Thanks, Jessica, for teaching us this again and again in your leadership training.

2. Gatlinburg Mud Fudge from Kilwin's is the last candy I ate. After that, I realized (with advice from my doctor) that I needed to really cut down on the sugar. No candy corn for me this year, and I love candy corn. I kept telling myself that it's just empty calories. I will be getting more fudge from Kilwin's when I'm in Gatlinburg, I'll just save my sugar quota for the really, really good stuff.

3. The best facial moisturizer I ever used is two of them, actually, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion and Neutrogena Visibly Even. I use both of them every day, along with a couple of others, actually. I layer them on, hoping to get the good benefits from all of them.

4. Quilting can be good therapy. Could be it's the doing something with your hands, could be it's making something that wasn't there before, could be the creativity, could be the challenge, could be the colors. Could be all of those and more.

5. I'd like to tell you about a book we're reading in Sunday School. It's called Simpler Living, Compassionate Life and includes essays from various writers, including a couple from one of my favorites, Wendell Berry.

6. Patience and persistence are my strongest characteristics. I know the "fill-ins" only asked for one, but these two are my team.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to being happy to be finished with the work day, getting in my truck and heading down Dixie Highway in the dark at 6 p.m. It's been a long week, staying up late to watch election returns, lots of work, getting over a bug, and adjusting to the time change (I don't know why that one hour makes a difference, but it does.) Tomorrow my plans include teaching the second session of a Beginning Sewing workshop, then picking out new glasses. Steph is going to be my advisor in that endeavor. I've asked her to steer me away from frames that are too old-lady. Sunday I want to do something fun, since it's been awhile. I think it's going to be cold, maybe rainy, so something indoors.


Happy Friday, everyone.


2 comments:

Jack said...

Oh my! you do have a busy weekend... hope it's an enjoyable one :)
Happy Friday!

Lynda said...

Mud fudge sounds wonderful!

Hope your weekend goes well ;0)