Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Oh-So Brief Visit

Patchwork stocking, design by Martha Pullen

Sarah came into town late enough Monday night that it was really Tuesday morning. Before I went to work on Tuesday, we went to the Mammouth Cafe (as in the big, woolly beast, not to be confused with Monmouth Street, which is where this coffee shop is located.)

I always love their breakfasts, even though I'm not much of a coffee drinker. And Steph treated me to a Starbucks decaf on Saturday, so I've had my quota for awhile.

I had the breakfast pannini with eggs and Italian cheese, minus the onions, since I don't like those, and the Italian sausage, since I don't eat meat. Even with two ingredients missing, it was wonderful. The apples there are the best ever. It might be worth going just for those.

Here are Sarah and her friend from the North Carolina Arboretum, where they both work. They were on to Michigan this morning.

And here are her friend's darling shoes. Don't you love them? Oh, and their owner Winnie was delightful too.


Sarah and Winnie spent the afternoon with Steph at the Cincinnati Art Museum and Krohn Conservatory (yes, it's the plant kind, Jane) and had dinner at Steph's house with Bridget and Helen. After dinner, everyone watched - guess what? - the Wizzard of Oz with Nora. I was working late, so I missed all that.











1 comment:

Jane said...

Ohhh, a pannini, looks good just the way it is! Short and sweet is better than none for a visit and it looks like they had a good time at the plantatarium LOL... Knew I'd get you on that one. Have you ver read any books by Sharyn Mc Crumb... Look her up on Amazon!! I know you would love them... Hangmans Daughter etc., set down in the Smokies and vacinity.. Let me know, OK