Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Fill-In # 98

simple jumper pattern for Nora's blue gingham jumper. I really, really like this pattern, and it has buttons on front, too.

Friday Fill-Ins. Answers are in bold.

1. Please feel free to give me constructive criticism on my art work. Just keep it constructive.

2. When I've baked a white cake, I can't stop from sniffing it occasionally, even if I'm not eating much processed sugar. Chocolate cake, too, a little, even though it's that vanilla smell that I really love.

3. My favorite thing to cook is Thanksgiving dinner. I enjoy making everything, love all the side dishes, like making the list and doing the shopping.

4. Sewing and quilting are something I can't get enough of, but you already knew that. And reading. And walking in the door of home.

5. That's the thing I love most about Thanksgiving dinner, how it all comes together. I start with something and freeze it, do something different the next day and freeze that, just do a little at a time and then when Thanksgiving comes things are pretty much ready.

6. Mean-spirited people always make me think to myself, what the heck. Luckily, most people display some generosity of spirit and I don't think "what the heck" too often.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going out for a quick drink and a little dinner after work, then sewing the top part of the jumper, tomorrow my plans include work, then finishing the jumper and binding the quilt, and Sunday my plans include going to church and hanging the quilt. Here's the deal: I didn't make much progress on that quilt yesterday so I'm going to bind it and then quilt it later. It already has stitch-in-the-ditch quilting so it won't shift, it has all that candlewicking, and people will be seeing it from at least 20 feet away, so it will be fine.

Happy Friday, everyone.


2 comments:

Janet said...

I noticed once that certain tequilas have a vanilla smell, and I thought that was strange. Loved your answers, thanks for playing :-)

threesidesofcrazy said...

Fun list!! I like making the holiday meals too! Have a great weekend!