Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Best Kind of Sewing

Raggedy Ann, repaired
When I tucked Nora into bed Friday night, Raggedy Ann was laying there with stuffing coming out of her neck and a tear three-fourths of the way around her head. Nora sadly handed her to me.
I had plans of going to bed right after Nora, but of course I wanted Raggedy Ann to be fixed when Nora got up in the morning. I enjoyed being able to do that for her - I felt like such a grandmother. And after that, I repaired the belly of Aaron's little frog costume and replaced a jingle bell on the collar.
I made Raggedy Ann for Nora when she was one, thinking that she might like a doll with red hair like hers. When she took the doll from the gift bag she was horrified and threw her across the room. We guessed it was the eyes that bothered her. There was soon a change of heart and Raggedy Ann is now a favorite. There are plans for an Andy for Aaron this Christmas.



2 comments:

Vicki W said...

How sweet!

Anonymous said...

You are such - a grandma, a very good one! What a sweet picture! I'm so happy they have you, and that we have them!!! I expect Aaron will be happy to have his very own Andy!
Wishing you a good week,
Janice