Saturday, October 20, 2007

Trip to Bluffton

My uncle Darvin and cousin Gregg are both artists and were/are both professors at Bluffton University in Ohio. Their combined service at Bluffton is 50 years this year, and there is a month-long combined gallery show for the two of them featuring 50 of their works of art. The reception was this morning during the Homecoming festivities at Bluffton.

Steph, Nora, Aaron, and I made the trip to Bluffton last night. We enjoyed seeing the artwork and caught up on both happy and sad news with relatives. My uncle and aunt are both in their 80's and it was a joy to see them enjoying such a happy event. My cousin Gregg looks forever young. I didn't take any pictures there - it was a large crowd and the only person taking pictures seemed to be a PR person so I opted out. You can read about the show at http://www.bluffton.edu/about/news/NewsReleases.asp?Show=092007_00

Nora thoroughly enjoyed the trip - she chatted all the way up I-75 about staying in a hotel and chatted most of the way back about the same subject. Her teacher said she talked about it at school, too. I haven't been able to upload any pictures tonight, so hopefully that will happen tomorrow.

On my way home, I saw what must be the MetLife blimb over the Bengals' stadium. I should have gone downtown for a closer look, but my radar was set for home. I'm going to try to remember to wear orange and black tomorrow.

No comments: