Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Downtown Park

One of the things I love about living here is that from time to time Steph's van pulls up, I get in with the gang, and away we go. This afternoon we went to Sawyer Point on Cincinnati's Riverfront. There's a wonderful park there that Nora has designated the Downtown Park, as opposed to the Yellow Park at a school close to her house, the Water Park which has summer water features, and Gran B's park which is at the end of my street.

Those really are flying pigs at the entrance, in honor of Cincinnati's once-thriving pork processing industry. Why they're flying, I'm not sure, unless it's because they are so high.



There are two large play areas, volleyball sand pits, tennis courts, a walking trail, and most likely other things that I didn't see on this trip. The play areas are carefully designed so that most children will find something they can enjoy.



The play areas are tucked under an interstate bridge, which makes things a little noisy, but the design works well and the area is wonderfully attractive.


I thought Nora would never want to leave, but she agreed that they would come back another day. The only melt-down was Aaron's, and that was a brief one. This was his sister's day, and she made the most of it. I'm always amazed at her exuberance.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie Briggs. I finally got to view your blog. The photos are fantastic and your quilts and postcards are so amazing. The colors are so beautiful. You've done such a great job. I cant wait to see more. Becky