Saturday, October 13, 2007

Fields of Home

I remember titling this little quilt "Fields of Home" way back when as I did the piecing. I still like the name, so it will stay. It's my first "picture" to actually hang up in my new home. For some reason yet to be determined I've been reluctant to start hanging things.

A few straight stitches on the borders substituted for quilting this time, and I didn't do a binding other than a triple zig zag around the edges. There's already enough busy-ness in the center so I wanted an organic look around the edges.

I owed Helen a lunch and Steph and Aaron joined us. Helen and her sisters have a tradition of making a birthday quilt for each sister as she turns 40. She brought me a wonderful bag of leftovers from the various quilts, some of which are big pieces and all of which are beautiful. Thanks, Helen.


We went to York Street Cafe in Newport.


The decor is such fun,



the food was delicious,



there was lots to chat about,

and the baby was as good as can be.










No comments: