Monday, October 8, 2007

Guesses, Anyone?

My quilting friends might be able to tell you at a glance what this is.


Ok, here's a hint.

The first picture is the edge of an uncut bolt of fabric, in this case my favorite fabric for dyeing. That's what PFD stands for - prepared for dyeing.
I had a Columbus Day early bird coupon from Hancock's for half off any single fabric purchase. Since I usually don't pay this much for a dyeing fabric, much as I love it, I got the whole bolt with my coupon.
Threads were half off too, so I picked out a couple of spools.
I stopped at the library and picked out a couple of Halloween books for Nora.
How can any child not look at an illustration like this one in this book and not retain just a little spark that will show up as artistry one day?

This is Aaron's one-month anniversary. At his well baby visit this morning, the doctor pronounced him very healthy. He weighed 11 pounds, 15 ounces and was 23 inches long.


While his sister had more hair at that age, she had the same sticking-up hair style.





No comments: