Saturday, March 9, 2024

Thirty Minutes

 


Thirty minute walk today in my hilly urban neighborhood  My ears were cold when I got back, it was a breezy 49 degrees.  If you enlarge the picture you can see the Cincinnati skyline in the background.

When I got home my oxygen level was 94.  After a minute, 96.

I'm pleased about this.  Two months ago at the doctor's office I couldn't complete the six minute walk test.  When my son-in-law dropped me off in front of the building I had to sit in a lobby chair when I waited for him.

Day to day, there sometimes seems like little improvement.  Sometimes it's nice to see a bigger picture.




1 comment:

Angie said...

You are doing so well! That is such good news! I'm still dealing with shortness of breath, lethargy, and swelling in the ankles. I'm past six months post-surgery; I'm thinking it's going to take all of a year and possibly longer (as the doctors in Cleveland had suggested) to completely recover from all of that heart mess this past year. Although our health issues were different, I find encouragement in your progress.