Friday, March 1, 2024

Button Eyes


The unembellished fish got their button eyes, and the wall hanging is finished.  Once it's delivered to its new owner I can show you the finished quilt.

I'm sitting over here just breathing.  Feeling joy that this delayed quilt is finished.  Feeling a little sad because I've lived with it so long and now it will be leaving.  Feeling more than a little sad that it wasn't the promised Christmas gift.  Feeling validated that little goals make a project come together.  And feeling amazed, too, that when I started there was none of this, just an idea in my head of what could happen.

It was truly a "build the bridge as you walk on it" project.  Cutting up that first swim suit was so, so scary.  Figuring out how to incorporate the slithery glittery Lycra into quilt form took longer than I thought it should.  I didn't know if using free motion for the applique would work.

But here we are, and this afternoon I'm just breathing.


No comments: