Monday, March 11, 2024

It Happened

 


For the first time in a very long time, I've made something.  The sewing machine and I are friends once again.

The pattern is Be Mine Heart Zipper Pouch.  Fabric is Buttercup and Slate by Corey Yoder for Moda.  The other side has more yellow.  This bag uses a mini charm pack and a matching fat quarter.

Quick lesson:  Mini charm packs are 2 1/2" squares, 42 in all, that have all the fabrics in a collection.  Some are duplicated.  A fat quarter is 18" x 22" - a quarter of a yard cut differently than usual.  Moda is a fabric company with really nice fabrics, you won't go wrong with Moda.

Totally different, I've started a comforter top to be knotted.  Some of the fabrics were donated to Mennonite Central Committee, some are from my stash.  Because I'm making it, it will be bright.

Laying out the design means a lot of sitting on the floor, and a lot of getting up off the floor.  A reminder that I have a long way to go.

I'm also reminding myself, though, that I'm not the only almost-80-year-old struggling with getting off the floor.


No comments: